Hasan al-Basri (رحمة الله عليه) wrote a letter to the people of Makkah in which he listed 15 places where du’a is accepted during Hajj and they are:
1. While performing Tawaf
2. At Multazam , the place between Hajr-e-Aswad and the door of Baith’Ullah. If possible, one should cling Baith’Ullah at this place with both hands, forehead and both the cheeks and then make du’a.
3. Under Meezab-e-Rahmat. The Meezab is the golden spout from where rainwater on the roof of the Ka’bah falls onto the Hijr Ismail / Hateem.
The Meezab with water flowing – Photo: makkah_by_wehab
4. Within Baith’Ullah. If you get a chance to get into Baith’Ullah, then one should enter and go straight towards the other side of the wall (on this wall on the left is rukn-e-yamani is located) and about 5 to 6 feet before the wall one should perform 2 raka nafil salah and make du’a. Rasul’Allah (Sallalahu Alaihi wa Sallam) did the same thing and he also put his two hands and his cheeks on this wall and made du’a.
5. At Zam-zam well or making du’a while drinking Zam-zam water
6. On top of Safa Mountain
7. On top of Marwah Mountain
8. During Sa’i
9. Behind Maqam-e-Ibrahim
10. At the Plain of `Arafah. It is narrated that Rasul’Allah (Sallalahu Alaihi wa Sallam) recited “la Iaha ill’Allahu wahda’Hu lasharika Lahu Lahul Mulk wa’Lahul Hamd Yuhi wa’Yumeet wa’Huwa alakulli shayin Qadeer” and then he recited “Allahumma qalbi nooran, wa sama’i nooran wa basari nooran”.
11. At Muzdalifah (during night). This night is better than Lailatul Qadr hence we should spend some time during night making du’a.
12. At Mina
13. At Jamarat after rami of 1st Pillar (Jamra-e-ula), one should move little further (and get on the right side with out blocking traffic) and then make du’a. It is narrated that Rasul’Allah (Sallalahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said Allahu Akbar after throwing each pebble and after throwing 7 pebbles moved little further and made a long du’a at this place and stayed so long in which one can recite complete Sura-e-Baqarah.
14. At Jamarat after rami of 2nd Pillar (Jamra-e-wusta), one should move little further (and get on the right side with out blocking traffic) and then make du’a. Rasul’Allah (Sallalahu Alaihi wa Sallam) made a long du’a at this place.
15. While walking back from Jamarat after rami of 3rd Pillar (Jamra-e-ukhra).
There are other places too where the du’a is accepted such as:
16. At Rouza-e-Mubarak of Rasul’Allah (Sallalahu Alaihi wa Sallam). After saying salam, one should make du’a here
17. At Rukn-e-Yamani
18. At Hajr-e-Aswad
19. Cave of Hira غار حراء
20. Cave of Thawr (Ghar al-Thawr)
The above article is a summary of Lecture # 15 on the topic of Hajj and Umrah by Mufti Muhammad Saeed Khan Sahib. Please click here to download the Audio.
Please remember us in your Dua. JazakAllahu Khairan
Madani Memorial Inc.